Mr Alvin Tan Kuan Sean
B. Psych (Hons), M. ClinPsych
|Master of Clinical Psychology||HELP University|
|Bachelor of Psychology (HONS)||HELP University|
|Private psychological center||2015 – current|
|Private psychological center||2013 – 2015|
|HELP College of Arts and Technology (Adjunct Lecturer)||2013 – 2014|
|Porta Kabin, Hospital Kajang UPM||2012|
|Shelter for victims of human trafficking||2012|
|Children shelter and refugee children NGO||2011|
|Aruppe refugee clinic||2011|
|Center for Psychological and Counseling Services, HELP University||2011 – 2012|
- Bahasa Malaysia
- Malaysian Society of Clinical Psychology (MSCP)
Talks, Presentations, and Media
- Speaker at Innovation Forum Kuala Lumpur (IFKL) on entrepreneurship in mental healthcare, organized by University Malaya, 2018.
- Speaker for TEDx (“How to Manage Your Greatest Fear by Doing One Simple Thing”), organized by TAR University College, 2018.
- Speaker for TEDx (“Making Mental Health Accessible”), organized by International Medical University (IMU), 2018.
- Speaker at a forum on e-counseling, organized by International Medical University (IMU), 2018.
- Speaker/ trainer on Stress Management (Wellness FM program) for BP, 2017.
- Speaker/ trainer on Stress Management for Petronas, 2017.
- Contributing writer, 10 Proven Ways to Deal with Anxiety (Elle Malaysia), 2015
- Guest appearances as psychologist on a live television talk show (NTV7), 2014
- Speaker/ trainer in a stress management roadshow for Great Eastern insurance company (Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Johor Bharu), 2014
Title: Managing Stress for Great Living and Relationships
- Speaker/ trainer at a health fair organized by The Star newspaper in Midvalley Megamall, 2014
Title: Take Hold of Your Anxiety and Find Peace
- Article on Mindfulness for Edgy Malaysia (pull-out section for The Edge newspaper), 2014
- Article on Stress Management on The Living Journal (magazine), 2013
Alvin Tan Kuan Sean is a clinical psychologist and entrepreneur based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Prior to starting up his own businesses, Alvin was a psychology lecturer and a clinical psychologist in private practice. His training involved providing psychotherapy and assessments to a variety of populations, which include psychiatric patients, refugees, human trafficking victims, university students, professional working adults, children, and the elderly. He enjoys speaking and writing, both in his personal life as well as through lecturing, training and media contributions. His aspirations include assisting others to achieve positive mental health and to live a meaningful life, creating jobs and empowering others through growing businesses, traveling the world, and living a fulfilling life. He pens his thoughts regarding personal development at www.meetalvin.com.